Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shaken ...

It must have been around 7 in the morning today when it all started. Ever since childhood I've been "nightmaring" about minuscule worries like being late to school (far too many times has this haunted me), or falling from a bridge; but the dream I saw today had me shaken the moment my eyes opened - I still am.

I saw a dream where mumbai was being targeted by Nuclear bombs - who sent these, I don't know. And it wasn't just one bomb - but strikes at 3 different places, I could feel the heat on my skin , the flames glaring in my face and it scared me bad... Writing this down brings back the images - I pray to God these images remain imaginary !

The worst part is that I am not in Mumbai, but everyone I care about is ... the thought scared me so much that I called up home on the pretext of inquiring about something as stupid as "has my phone bill arrived?" when I've been paying the same online for ages ...

It is an Indian superstition that dreams seen just before waking up tend to come true - in this case I hope it remains one and I would do anything to hope it stays just a superstition... But I feel helpless and powerless, what use has a so called elite engineering and an elite management education for me if it cannot put my mind at peace !

Shaken, yet to be stirred...

1 comment:

Pritesh Jain said...

Told you so many times - don't watch so many english movies. Ye sab usi ka asar hai...

On a serious note - relax. You did a good thing by calling home. Remember a scene from wednesday where the protagonist says - 'har ek ghante me bibi phone karti hai puchne ke liye ki mein kya kar raha hoon. Kya mein ye nahi samjhta ki vo check kar rahi hai if everything is fine with me.'
This is tragedy of our nation and our age. Somehow we don't have any solution to this. I wish there was a 'pain and company' that could consult and give us a out-of-the-box solution for this.